1. This is such a waste of space for us, and there was not much to do with it. That bench was a space for plants...we turned it into a bench, although I never got around to getting a cushion for it - good thing since we're moving. 2. Ty's command center - his morning checklist to help keep him [and me] on schedule in the mornings. 3. I love old sewing cabinets - this one is my mom's. 4. Uhm, I didn't need multiple pictures of the space but for some reason - here ya go! 5. That dog just cracks me up.
1. One of my favorite rooms, because it's so bright, and uncluttered.
2. My Grandma's rocking chair - my Mom gave me this, and I've reupholstered the seat cushion and foot stool.
3. Iron and tile side table - my parents had this in our house growing up, and I've always loved it. It's over 50lbs, super sturdy!
4. Cody carried The Grinch throughout the home tour photo shoot.
5. You're going to think I am crazy....See the CD Case on top of the VCR? Guess what that is? Our DVD collection. One day I decided to get rid of the bulky shelving units that stored all those DVD's, and their plastic cases. I cut all the movie covers into the appropriate size square, and put each dvd behind the cover. Joe and the kids thought I had lost my mind - but I still LOVE it this way, it's so much more condensed.
~Before you see the next set of pictures, do not expect beautiful-perfect-cute kid rooms. I don't do that. My kids' rooms have the necessities, and I let them live in their room how they choose.
Don't get me wrong - they have all been trained with the basics - how to make a bed, how to clean up, how to put away clothes folded correctly, etc.
There's only so much nagging a Mom can do before you finally just have to stop, turn around, shut the door, and walk away. It's not my space. It's theirs. Period. ~
Wonder why the walls are so bare?
Because 13 year old boys have mood swings and tear everything off the walls and rip them into millions of little pieces when they're
So, he will live with those bare walls.
2. Bed - half of a bunk-bed from Walmart that we painted white. Nightstand - Rubbermaid. ??!!
NO I'm not that cheap. Sheesh.
Girlfriend dug in the garage for this tupperware bin full of old Barbies, Bratts, and Polly Pockets because she couldn't live without them anymore!
[2 months before this she told me to pack them up and store them because she was too old for them]. Psh. A girl's never too old!
Not quite like what my Pinterest may have had you thinking.
Don't forget about the Dog Mom linkup on Tuesday. Come back here to grab the button and linkup! :D You can also linkup from Kate or Kara as well! But make sure you check out their blogs either way - great reads!